Friday, May 23, 2014

Manga-Mania May: D.N.Angel.


Daisuki has been rejected by Risa Harada, so his birthday kinda sucks. But it doesn't get any better when he discovers that his family has through ages been the thieves of very valuable pieces of art, all of them under the identity of the legendary burglar known as Dark Mousy. Being a man of the Niwa family, Daisuke gets turned into Dark, due to a special kind of magical DNA thingy, and must carry on the tradition of stealing art.
And there is only one way to get rid of the curse(?): By finding true love.
... And I thought MY teen-years sucked...
THIS, ladies and gentle men(or the two guys who actually read this) was the first manga I actually read. There wasn't much to pick between, since manga was still a new hing in Denmark. So I of coarse have a lot of nostalgia to this series, witch I have all the mangas, as well as the anime based on it. It was also the series that made me pay attention to romance stories.
But the series itself is noting special. Sure, it's not bad, but not a masterpiece. It's cute, has a fair amount of humor, and there is some interesting ideas now and then, but it's nowhere close to my top 9 over manga comics. I still think you should read it, so you can have an opinion about the series. First book is okay, but it's in book 3 where both artwork and story is at it's highest.
Unfortunately, the series haven't ended yet, and it's been ages since the latest chapter was published, so chances are that it's not gonna happen. To bad.
One down, 10 to go.
I'm Waezi2, and thanks for wasting time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment